LOS ANGELES

“There are two modes of transport in Los Angeles: car and ambulance. Visitors who wish to remain inconspicuous are advised to choose the latter.” – Fran Lebowitz


Hello Everyone, 

THE CITY
I love L. A., is the most Mexican city in the world. A town full of revelations, addictions and contradictions; everybody is nice, and they have excellent  weather, therefore, they allow themselves to make movies about bad weather and horrible people. 

My grandparents lived in L.A., specifically in the popular area that is known as East Los Angeles. What a surprise?, well, not to me, it is only logical to think that they decided to live in an area where they felt at home, because, 95% of the population in that area are Hispanics, _ what is surprising is the other 5% that want to live among Latinos_  oh, light up!, that was a joke. But, because of this fact, East Los Angeles is consider to be, one of the least divers places in United States.

WALKING AROUND TOWN
The history of Los Angeles reveals a great deal of interesting facts, I would recommend to do a walking tour to experience first hand the reality of what the town is all about, and while you are at it, get all the juicy details of what, where, how and whom?.

Last year, as a special visit, I did a couple of tours on Downtown title: The Beginnings; which featured some of the older buildings and streets in the area, and it is packed with history; the other one was Haunting Tales; it highlighted the most horrific crimes and unsolved mysteries since the 19th century till the present in Los Angeles.

FROM BIG TO SMALL
It is a strange, but very reassuring feeling when I am in the city, it feels like some type of anonymity merge with excitement, as if I am watching a movie in the comfort of my living room, and at the same time, I'm the protagonist of the show.

Los Angeles is consider to be among one of the Entertainment Capitals of the World, and it truly lives up to its name, Hollywood movies make this possible, it is rightly an amusing town. L.A. is a town that stirs so many emotions for so many reasons. It is the second biggest city in United States, and from my perspective, the bigger the city has become, the shorter its name appeared.

WHAT A NAME
Its name had been shortened through the years, overall, the city has been known in many variations, officially and by popular stipulation, more or less, by the same name or nicknames since its founding year 1781 to the present year 2023. However, according to some articles from the 1800's, the area was already refer to simply as L.A.

  • El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de Los Angeles del Rio Porciúncula.
  • El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de Los Ángeles
  • El Pueblo de La Reina de Los Angeles
  • Los Angeles City
  • City of Angels
  • Los Angeles
  • La-La Land
  • L.A.

THE MUSIC
I wrote this piece as I often do, thinking of it as a light dessert, with no sugar added, a nice treat for any giving day that I know I can play over and over and not being mentally indispose. Originally, I wanted the music to flow at a fast tempo, but I had to remind myself that not everything fast in life is better. Thus, I decided to marked the tempo as Moderato, at the end of the day, musicians decide on their own interpretation, making changes as they pleased.

This piece taken out from my California Sessions Notebook, represents my love for L.A. a city that has a long love-hate relationship with the world, a city where everywhere I look everything seems plastic, and all people appeared fake. I wanted to write a piece that will show fake people still humans, and the plastic, we cannot live without it. Go ahead, detach from harsh realities, have a bit of fun, and if you have the opportunity visit L.A. 

Thank you for reading!

Music INFORMATION:
Source: California Sessions Notebook
Key: F Major / D minor
Measures: 48
Parts: Cello and Piano
Duration: 2:49 min
Pages: 4

Anaya, Javier: Los Angeles
Anaya, Javier
Los Angeles (California Sessions Notebook)
PDF + MP3
Cello, Piano

Pop / 2021 / Copyright © Anaya Javier

Make a donation to Javier Anaya

Comments

Popular Posts